Monday, June 18, 2012

Well the Waiting Game is Over...

From 2 to 4...

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to post the news. Got a phone call on Tuesday the 12th asking us to take a brother and sister sibling group. A 4, almost 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. After a little bit of consideration, we said yes and I went to pick them up. It has since been a roller coaster of ups and downs but I think in the long run, it'll be more ups than downs. They definitely miss their mom and bed times are terrible. I hope they have a visit with her soon and I want her to know that I'm not here to take her kids. So tonight we're making cute picture frames for her to show her how much they lover her. I hope she appreciates them.

For privacy reasons, he will be referred to as Dude and she is Goose from here on out. I plan to post a few pics (faces hidden of course) soon.

So now we're just washing kid clothes, playing outside, enrolling in daycare, going to doctor's appointments and getting Dude ready for kindergarten.

We had a hearing on Thursday that didn't really do much. There's an aunt that is getting a home study done to see if they can stay with her. For their sake, I hope she's a good person and they can live with someone familiar. But their worker is pretty convinced that she won't pass the home study. So we'll see I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment